What is CICAE?
CICAE is a national association of independent private schools with international projection. It is made up of 60 long-standing, leading schools located across the length and breadth of Spain that are known for providing students with an excellent education, gaining fantastic academic results, being at the forefront of educational innovation and maintaining a steadfast commitment to continuous improvement.
The association was created with the aim of putting these schools’ extensive experience to use for the progress of education, while also promoting and defending private and independent education in Spain.
CICAE is a space for different institutions that seeks to encourage educational debate, drive innovation, manage and share the knowledge acquired over decades of experience, make proposals and collaborate with initiatives and ideas, all in the interests of continuing to contribute towards the progress of education, highlight the importance of a strategic and essential sector within the Spanish education system and promote the joint development of its members.
Our main goals
- Act as an instrument for promoting and defending private and independent education, highlighting what it contributes to our education system, protecting its interests, proposing initiatives to develop the private network and calling for the correction of irregular practises that are detrimental to the sector.
- Help improve the quality of education in Spain in the belief that the future of all countries is determined by the education received by current and future generations.
- Achieve a greater level of independence for private schools with the aim of improving the quality of their teaching and ensuring correct management.
- Propose solutions for efficient, fair and transparent funding for education that contemplates direct aid for families that do not choose publicly funded schools for their children’s education.
- Create a learning community where member institutions can share talent and knowledge as well as encourage the exchange of good practice: pedagogical research, search for new methods, evaluation of pedagogical systems, exchange of experience and good practice, teacher training or school organisation techniques.
- Promote the internationalisation of CICAE and its member schools